Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Independent Boy


   Finally, today after two weeks, Marcus is able to waive goodbye to me when i dropped him off in CC this morning. His teacher Mrs Sham greeted him when she opens the car door and Marcus is willing to reached out to her. Waived goodbye to mommy and happily joined the assembly. I am so proud of him. No tears or drama .... My two weeks (accompanying him in CC) efforts are well paid off

    Actually i did not go off to work. Instead i was waiting secretly in the canteen to see how he is coping without me for the first time. After waiving goodbye to Mommy, he joined the assembly. Dancing and singing with the group. Queue up to go back into classroom. Listening to stories and later off to canteen for snack. Playtime in the Ball pool and of course some singing and dancing after that which he enjoys the most. My boy loves to dance in his own styles and hops around.

   Now, i am sure that he is ready for CC, but I am feeling kind of loss now. Maybe he is ready but Mommy is not ready to let go yet. Good start of the week and i will be able to be in the office by 8.30am starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that he is adapting well. Hopefully my girl can be as good as him in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids will adapt very fast. I stayed with him for 2 weeks (including MC for 5 days) and now he is willing to reach out to the caretakers. He knows that i am going to work and daddy will pick him up later. I am sure Maine will adapts very well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your boy is coping well at school.....

    ReplyDelete